Friday, September 5, 2014

Challenge #25 - Picture Inspiration


Challenge #25 - Picture Inspiration
  1. You can create a - Layout, Card, Canvas, Mini Album, "Off the Page" creations.
  2. Must be newly created as of 5th of September 2014.
  3. Enter a direct link to your creations into the link tool, not to the main page of your blog. This makes it easy for the Design Team to find your creations to leave comments.
  4. Please, leave a COMMENT - Telling us what Inspired you
  5. MUST BE A FOLLOWER!!!

This challenge is due Thursday 18th of Sept 2014, 23:55pm European Time.
Please, be aware of the time zone differences - on the top left you will find the Date and Clock on the Blog.

The Gorgeous Creations of the Design Team Ladies.
Please, click on the Designer's name to visit their blogs.

Angie DT


I created a layout using pattern paper from Carta Bella and stickers from Me and My Big Ideas.
 I was inspired by the soft colors in the picture.

Sandra DT


I created a Mixed Media Canvas using Dies; Inspire by Spellbinder, YNS
Stencil: Teresa Collins
Paper: MME, Sketchbook-Paper
Mediums: Ranger Gesso, Clear Gesso
Colors: NoName Gellipens, Watercolor pencil, Signo Pigment Pen white, Schneider permanent Fineliner black, Ranger Distress Ink
I was inspired by the Caravan



I created a layout using Pion Design Paper, Butterflies from Prima, Lace from my Stash, wording from Prima and Bo Bunny, Flower from Papermania

I was inspired by the Chevrons, the flowers in the chair, the material of the dresses and the lace in the windows. The picture made me me think of the photoshoot that were taking place. We as a family took every year family pictures. My son is a professional photographer (wedding, corporate ex...) my husband is a terrific hobby photographer and myself love to take pictures. 
Our daughter is the model ;-) 
This picture of my daughter was taking on one of the photoshoots by my son.

Kripa DT


This time I created a canvas to display next to my craft table.The girl in the picture appears to be having a very enjoyable time. Since I cant go on holidays right now, I did the next best thing - created this, using my all time favorite techniques. The colors, chevron, gold highlights and flowers are also inspired by the picture

Meet our Guest Designer's for Challenge #25
Here are the beautiful creations of the Guest Designers

Desire GD


“{Doing Life} in beautiful sunny South Africa. Loving wife for 29+ years. Keen Photographer. Avid Gardener. Energetic Hiker/Backpacker. Ad hoc Race Walker. Road Runner. Addicted to Spinning. Scrapaholic. Committed Scrapbook/Card Teacher. Founder/Manager Doing Life Online Shoppe www.doinglife.co.za . Bedazzled Beader. Card creator. Mosaic Enthusiast. PA/Secretary/Bookkeeper. Chocoholic. Right now I would love to be outdoors blending with nature. And last, but not least, addicted to Blogging where I have made such wonderful creative friends in cyber space www.desiref.blogspot.com .


I was inspired by the country setting and colours.
Thank so much.



Hello Everyone! I'm Pamellia Johnson and I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with my wonderful husband and our two little girls, Scully (a teacup Maltese) and Pebbles (a teacup black Pomeranian).

I have been crafting in some form or another ever since I was a little kid, thanks to my very creative and talented Mom. I've dabbled in all sorts of crafts, but I think what I enjoy making the most is handmade cards, and I really love doing shabby chic projects with tons of lace, pearls and flowers!

Whenever possible, I try and make every aspect of my projects by hand. I prefer to make my own backgrounds and flowers, I dye my own ribbons, I even make some of my embellishments out of clay. I find such a sense of accomplishment in knowing that I made it myself.

Thank you so much to the Scrapping4fun team for inviting me to spend the day with them. I am thrilled and honoured to be here with such a talented group of artists. 


What really inspired me about this fantastic photograph were the big yellow chairs, the pink ottoman and all the wonderful flowers. I decided to make two panels using stuffing to make them look like upholstery and add lots of fabulous wedding foliage. The lamp hanging from the tree reminded me of a birdcage.

Jana GD


Hi...my name is Jana, 41 year old and I live with my family in a small country – Slovenia. Slovenia extends between the Julian Alps and the Adriatic Sea.  I am married to a graphic designer and we have three beautiful children: son Andraz (14), daughter Katarina (11) and son Matija (7).  We love nature...mountains, sea, forest and animals.  And I love gardening.
My favorite thing is to create cards, but I am now playing with cards books. I love making cards with lots of layers and embellies.  On the cards is specialty the pocket with flower seeds. I started blogging in January 2014. My blogspot  Janinustvarjalnivrt.blogspot.com (Janin ustvarjalni vrt – Janes Creative Garden) is my virtual happy place to share some paper projects. This is my hobby and I playing with paper, dies, inks, stamps and other embbellies.  On the creative challenges I got some awards or I was TOP 3.

Thank you Rachelle and the Design Team for the invitation! I am so happy to be guest designer here at Scrapping 4 Fun and for this wonderful challenge.  
With love, Jana


I was inspired by the beautiful lady and the Chevron pillow and the flower chair.
I used a Digi Stamp - Sherri Baldy, which I received for 3rd place on the Scrapbook Stamp Society.
I used paper with a Chevron design. I used floral paper for my background on the tag. I added some silk ribbon, sequins and a big flower.

Leslie GD


My name is Leslie, I'm married with two grown children and one granddaughter, and I live in north Florida. I began scrapbooking about 40 years ago, way back when scrapbooks were really bland - before all the fun papers and embellishments came about. For the last 20 years or so, my paper passion has been card making. I started out making computer-generated cards, graduated to card kits, then quickly realized that having my own stash of stuff was the way to go! The rest is history, as they say! I'm addicted to rubber stamping and also enjoy making 3-D paper projects, especially paper shoes and mini albums, and have been known to alter a few tins and boxes. Thanks to my sister, I also started beading and making jewelry about a year or so ago. A huge thanks to Rachelle and the Scrapping4funChallenges Team.


Love the picture inspiration! I'm an old hippie, child of the 60s (born in the late 50s), so I really enjoyed this!

Here's what I saw that inspired me... Hippie - flower child - 1960s - peace - flowers - chevron/stripes - colors 
I used - Alcohol ink "tie-dyed" background, Stampavie Flower Power Camper Van stamp. 

Thank you Ladies

We hope our designers have you inspired. We can't wait to see your creations and we hope that you will join and share them with us!

Have Fun!!
Happy Crafting!!

Please remember to Follow Us!!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful DT and GD inspirations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lovely pic inspiration and amazing work by DT's and GD's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice inspirational work ladies :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow what an honour to be a guest designer, amongst such talented fellow designers. This is a wonderful photo inspiration and I am sure it will inspire loads of crafters. Thank you again.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely GD Creation.
      Have a great week
      Hugs
      Rachelle

      Delete
  5. So happy Desire popped me over here to see the guest spot. Beautiful blog all the designers are awesome and I love all the inspiring pieces. It was fun to learn a little bit more about my blogging friend Desire, she is such a multi-talented woman, I really admire her and her beautiful work. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, welcome and thank you for your lovely comment.
      Have a great week
      Hugs
      Rachelle

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous DT and GDT inspirational images....love Pamellia's creation....and Desire a long time buddy of mine on the blog site...great inspiring photo too.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.
Those leaving a comment on any posts on the S4funChallenges blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to that personal information being seen.
Hugs
Scrapping4funChallenges Team